Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Don't Call it A Comeback

Quoth the lyricist LL Cool J.

I still haven't quite figured out what the best format is for this blog, so I'll just keep on with the little bit of everything motif.

Just finished a reading for Arts Crush, "Shark" by Tracy Vicory-Rosenquest.  Tough role that I enjoyed (nervously) performing.

Starting Naplwrimo in two days.  Kiddo inadvertently played the dramaturg last night in quizzing me about the play I plan to write.  "Where is it?"  "Who's in it?"  "What is the genre?"  "Why did you decide to write about this?"  It's good prep work to have to work these things out and explain them.

As part of the Wrimo month, two friends and I will be doing a writer's retreat Nov. 10-11th at this place.  They'll be working on novels, while I work on plays/screenplays.  Should be a lot of words.

In related news, just joined this playwriting group.  I like seeing people's new ideas, plus I need some good beta readers for my new work.  Win win.

Just joined this site, because I had been doing the Max 10 program at my gym, working out for an hour every weekday.  Lost 6 pounds and felt totally ripped.  But as soon as the program ended, well, back to the beginning.  Now I try to go to two classes a week.  Tonight is Muay Thai class.  oof.

I'm also getting back into playing this:
I was taking lessons in the summer until I got the hang of it, but then quit playing for a while.  I'm trying to play a little bit every other day or so.  I really enjoy playing, I don't know why it's so hard to pull it out of the case.



No comments: