It's been a while since I've posted, maybe because I couldn't wrap my mind around any particular topic or theme. The main thing is that I really am truly, beginning my Doctorate on Monday. Sheesh. I had a multi-day period of total paralysis, in which it was all so overwhelming that I could do nothing. I'm still not as ready as I could be, but here are some of the things that I have already accomplished:
1) Completed all the readings for the first day of class.
2) Reconfirmed my flight to Minneapolis.
3) Reserved Shuttle Express to SeaTac for 4:25 am (the reason I don't have a ride to the airport, and I don't blame him.)
4) Determined that I must go to orientation upon arrival--no time to go to housing first.
5) Confirmed arrival with housing. (http://www.waleshouse.com/)
6) Looked at maps of the campus and relative locations of housing to classes.
7) Purchased laptop (!)
1) Get financial aid info and pay tuition.
2) More reading!