Monday, April 20, 2009

Connections

So I'm reading Lady Chatterly's Lover on my Stanza for iphone while I ride the bus, and I'm reading Hot, Flat and Crowded at home.

Yeah, I know, that's how I roll.

Anyway, who would have thought there was an overlap between the two:

From Lady Chatterly:

It was not woman's fault, nor even love's fault, nor the fault of sex. The fault lay there, out there, in those evil electric lights and diabolical rattlings of engines. There, in the world of the mechanical greedy, greedy mechanism and mechanized greed, sparkling with lights and gushing hot metal and roaring with traffic, there lay the vast evil thing, ready to destroy whatever did not conform. Soon, it would destroy the wood, and the bluebells would spring no more. All vulnerable things must perish under the rolling and running of iron.


For those who have not yet gotten to Hot, Flat and Crowded, Friedman argues for finding (truly) clean energy while conserving biodiversity, and how to do it.

No comments: