Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Next Performance

I'm currently rehearsing 3 different shows, so I hope I don't get all the information all mixed up.  The first one coming up is at the Freehold Theatre Studio Series.  An actor friend of mine is taking classes there, and asked if she could submit one of my 10 minute plays to the series.  Of course I said yes, and it turned out the project got accepted.  Then, the director cast me in the show.  You'd think it would be easy to perform in a show that you've written, but I find it really challenging.  I wrote a one act version of the script which is significantly different from the 10 minute version, so the memorization is really tough.  Plus, putting character and motivation "on its feet" is proving to be difficult when it's lived so long in my head and on the page.  It's good to have a performing challenge, though!


Here's the info and a link to Freehold:

Friday, March 11 and Saturday, March 12, 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm
Walking Away
Project Initiator:  Lisa Larsen
Playwright:  Machelle Allman
Director:  Rachel Bowen

Suggested donation at the door:  $10

No comments: