Sunday, July 6, 2014

No and Yes

I was not selected for the Amtrak Residency.  I was quite disappointed and hope they have an opportunity for next year.  I think what I'll do next time is write more about my works in progress in the application.  Thinking back on it, I suspect my application was a bit vague. They did offer a discount, so I may plan my own residency on my own time.

The 'yes' portion of the post is that Mythfest was selected by lottery for the Seattle Fringe Festival!  Fringe is much smaller than it was in years past, but it is solvent and continuing to gain attention.  We've got a lot of work to do, but it's a huge get for us.

First we need to update our marketing materials to include the actress last cast, and we're working on a rehearsal schedule now.  Finding reasonably priced (or at any price, really) rehearsal space is a big challenge in Seattle for some reason. Getting on the calendars before all the other Fringe acts will be key.  We're eagerly awaiting the news of which venue we'll be performing in so that we can spread the news far and wide.


No comments: