Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Poll Results

So the poll ended and it was an even tie between the two screenplays. However, because I'm working on the TV pilot, I haven't written anything more. Today I read "How Not to Write a Screenplay," so I have to start all over again.
No, I'm just kidding. But it did give me some ideas. See, my problem is the exact opposite of most people. I underwrite. Rather than give too much exposition, description, extra scenes that are cool but don't add anything, I write very briefly and concisely, expecting the audience to readily get what I'm aiming at. Rather, I should be making sure all the dots are connected, and with impulse. The book will help with that.
I will have a break in rehearsal soon, and I'm hoping to use that time to make some leaps forward on Sunny and the Dark Days. Also, K-Ice said he'd read it, and he's an excellent sounding board. If he would. That is, read it. Sometime. Soon.

PS I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if I get a role in the indie feature. Here's hoping. The parts I read were pretty good.

No comments: